05-25-2020, 06:48 AM   #1
RbBugBitMe
PdV Motorsports
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i xDrive sedan

Garage List
Custom Wilwood BBK

Following on from the post about coilovers I'm working on https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1720525

My wheel and brake assembly is coming together. The funky greyish thing is a sweep of the Wilwood FNSLR6 caliper.

I think I've seen most of the typical stuff available on the market which for the most part is the OEM M Performance upgrade (I'm M sport 340/330mm rotors), OEM F80 upgrade, and Stoptech BBK. These seem to range from $2096 to $3500 plus for front kits only. I took a look at Wilwood and they certainly don't offer anything that is bolt on for us but they are reasonably priced with a good reputation as far as I'm aware.

For $1306 without discounts and sales tax I can get the 6 piston forged narrow super lite calipers with dust boots, 355x32mm GT 72 curved vane rotors, and custom brake lines. I just need to make the rotor hats and caliper brackets. The rear is a similar story.

Benefits I see:
- Increased thermal mass and applied torque (albeit not as much as a 370mm rotor)
- Axial and radial floating rotors, relatively cheap replacements
- 6 pistons with dust boots, relatively cheap replacements
- I can tweak the rotor/caliper offset if necessary to clear different wheel designs
- Decent pad compound options
- 24 custom caliper colors to pick from
- Can recoup a lot of the mfg. cost from selling the Brembos
- Will take the time to water jet out some titanium pad backing plates

Anyone have experience with their pad options and have issues with them for a mostly street car?

I still need to figure out if I need to upgrade the master cylinder to whatever comes with the M Performance cars or the M3 and possibly have to do some coding as well. I also assume I'm going to have to bypass the pad wear sensors.

Last edited by RbBugBitMe; 04-19-2021 at 06:01 AM..
Appreciate 1
andino479.50