12-08-2021, 01:36 PM   #15
Idfkman
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ade555 View Post
Can't help you with comparing the two cars but if you have the money to get F80 I would, F30 is cheaper and you will have some money left for upgrades but in future once you spend all that money on F30 can you get it back when selling?
Great point. And that has certainly gone into my thinking.

The f80 will undoubtedly take a lesser hit on depreciation than the f30.

So I'll be spending more initially but down the road when I sell the car I'll likely make that money back if the car stays in pristine condition which it will under my OCD ownership.

For example, I bought my E90 for 22k 4-5 years ago and have add 50k miles on the odometer and had it listed for 23k and had 3 cash offers within a week before pulling it off the market because I'll need to save a bit more to get a F80 with a downpayment that works for my young (and growing) family.

Would love to keep an e90 and f80 M for the best of both worlds in terms of M cars but not sure I can swing 2 cars right now.