View Single Post
      12-08-2018, 01:31 AM   #35
gangzoom
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E90 335i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by A13x View Post
thanks all, feeling better. just soo lucky the little one was not in the car. I was a corner away away from pick up.

yes didn't slow down at all. unsure if they noticed road markings because no sign of slowing down or stopping.

got a brand new merc e class amg 2.2 with no fold down seats =(

need to go through this crap on Monday as they are saying I am at fault. if this continues I am tempted to just keep the merc for longer as its a few hundred plus a week. I don't really want to be that person who submits the dash footage for prosecution but I am getting pushed to do so.

If my daughter was in the car or this was someone else it could have been far worse. the neighbours came out asking for speed bumps but that's not going to help someone ignoring rules of the road and just burning across without stopping
Just be glad your fine and have a dash cam.

Same thing happend to me 18 months ago, also on my way to nursery. Spotted a Seat coming towards me from a sideroad going quickly, but by the time I had registered it might not stop he hit me by the rear wheel arch. Clearly the guy was traveling at some speed as the force of the impact was enough to destort his car, my car was sent spinning 180 and hit the kerb was enough force to snap 20inch alloys like they were plastic trim!!

The police attended, as did ambulance and firebrgade. 0% interest in any kind of charge for dangerous driving they all just wanted the road open .

The chap at the time admitted fault but just like you when the insurance company called he had claimed I was at fault, and deliberately crashed into him??!!

Untill that point I was not too bothered, yes both cars knackered, no one hurt, accidents happen, but to try and put the blame on me....WTP!!

Luckily I also had a dashcam, and took great pleasure in sending in the footage.....It still took 7 DAYS for the third party to finally admit guilt. Sadly these days no one wants to take responsibility for mistakes. Dash cams are 100% needed, as if I didn't have mine it would have ended up as 50:50.

Don't bother with the police they wouldn't care. But the dashcam will have saved you a load of headache. It might take time but itll get sorted .
Appreciate 0