View Single Post
      04-13-2022, 08:09 PM   #5
CaboM4
BMW Aficionado
Rep
Drives: 23 i7,23 iX,24 Silverado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dnnnax1 View Post
Would this still be available for purchase? If not, would greatly appreciate if you could let me know if coding a replacement head unit to my f30’s vin is a manageable task for someone that’s relatively new to this, or I would be foolish to do so and should just get that done from a shop. And an approximate estimate of what I should expect to pay?

Thank you!!
sorry, its long gone.

Not a task for the beginner coder. Requires ESYS and access to FSC enabling codes.

I would recommend at this point getting an ID6 NBT2 EVO with Wireless CarPlay given we are on iDrive 8 at this point, units should be easy and cheap to come by. Make sure you get the 4GB RAM one.

I would recommend sb2002 over at NAM forum (north american motoring). This is the MINI forum. Steve is very reliable and trustworthy, and should be able to sell you a unit coded and fully plug and play to your setup and promptly get it to your door in a few days after payment.

I honestly have no idea of the prices these things are going for these days. A quick eBay search yielded the following unit for $850 which has the blue GPS connector, which means you don't also need to have an ATM module retrofitted as well!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/115311917113
Appreciate 0