View Single Post
      02-26-2020, 12:17 AM   #2
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh_f30 View Post
I had a square set of Pilot Sport 4Ss (245/35 R19) put on last July. I drive a lot, occasionally spiritedly, and in the 16,000 miles I've put on them, they're down to the cords. Slightly more wear on the inner edge, to be expected due to the natural camber of the car plus I'm lowered.

On these tires, Michelin offers a 30,000 mile treadwear warranty, so my prorated discount came to a savings of -$476.40 on a replacement set that would've cost $1028. So my total out of pocket came to $689.63 including mounting, balance, TPMS service, etc. Less than a new set of lesser, more "budget-minded" tire options. Yes, there is a higher level of entry, but if you go through tires quickly, I think it's worth the warranty.

Disclaimer, having a square setup is key because the warranty stipulates that tires are rotated and balanced properly. If you run staggered, the warranty mileage is cut in half. Also, if you run a lot of negative camber and the wear is TOO uneven, Michelin may reject the warranty claim. Store manager at my America's Tire said mine were close but was even enough that it should be ok.
Bolded part above - where did you hear that? I just recently got some PS4S from Costco. I know for a fact i am going to get less than 30k on them, and planned to use the mile warranty when the time comes as i have done this multiple times with other tire brands on different cars.

I am fully aware of the other "fine print" - i have read costco's and its mostlyt relaged to abnormal wear or improper alignment. I just autocrossed the car and plan to drive the 5k miles before my rotation to get the tire wear "looking" normal again. I know they will only rotate side to side if staggered, but have never heard of the warranty being cut in half. Is this explicity in writing somewhere?
Appreciate 0