View Single Post
      08-11-2018, 11:40 PM   #68
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastF30 View Post
It will keep the air approx 20degrees cooler than the stock one which results in higher horsepower maintained... You know how your car is quicker when you first start it up and then it mellows out a little once it warms up... well this will always make it feel more like when you start it up... a step-cored has a lower pressure loss than stock.... way better throttle response... trust me ... well worth it... you must be coming back to the threads... this has been discussed big time in the last month... Just do it... here is one example of a step core.. jeez "O" petes... you already have a DP.... usually it's the other way around... lol...

P.s. on the charger... you really only need a 6-8amp charger... charge the battery full and keep it on and then flash... Probably go with this one since homedepot is right down the street...
For $300 seems like a steal...better throttle response is a good thing. Figure, upgrading the FMIC would give me bragging rights as well and give me another project to do. Like I said, Intake is not worth it and an exhaust might not give me the sound I like ( I like the sound now with the DP), so, I can never be the "cool" guy with FBO.

BTW..I love the DP..it's almost like I can breathe with it. Such a huge improvement in sound.

As for the charger--I have a 10 amp charger but was planning on hooking up another car with jumpers. You think my slow charger 10 amp guy would be sufficient?