12-03-2012, 04:18 PM   #687
MaestroAl
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco View Post
Does anyone know if there is a way to display a volume meter when turning up/down the volume knob? For example, on every car I've ever owned, there has been some way to tell just how close I am coming to maximum volume when cranking my stereo. I have found no such indicator in my F30 328i. I have the HK stereo and would sure like to know how much further I can take the volume before hitting its limit.
Just keep turning it. I don't mean to sound flippant but I can't think of another answer. It's not like a number would help anyway, you'd still be in the same boat. My last car went up to something like 35 before displaying MAX. how did I find out? I kept on turning. My car before that maxed out at something like 46 or something crazy. How did I find out? Yup: just kept on turning. When I got in my 330 with HK and cranked on some nasty Skrillex, I just kept turning the knob until my ears hurt. Then I turned it down.

So to recap:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monaco View Post
I have the HK stereo and would sure like to know how much further I can take the volume before hitting its limit.
Keep turning it and at some point either you will give up because it's too loud or it will simply stop getting louder

Simples