View Single Post
      09-06-2013, 06:53 AM   #1
F30Andy
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: An Entire Fleet

C Class to 330d

Hi everyone. Seeing as it looks like I am going to be a regular on here I thought I would introduce myself and maybe sneak in a few questions you guys may be able to help me with too.

I am currently in a C250CDI AMG Sport (Manual.) - Yes I know, until my Bavarian beast arrives I am considered some sort of scum around here.

Have a F30 330d msport in estoril blue with Dakota beige interior on order for mid October delivery. The extras I have gone for are the visibility pack and business sat nav.

I really wanted an 335d, however with no Sdrive yet I had to say no. That and the difference in ride height were the only reasons I decided against the 335.If it wasn't for that I would have got it, but the juvenile in me still enjoys sliding around far more often than I should!

As you can see from the picture of the current ride it did not come with Xenons. I went the HID option only because the merc has projector lenses and you can kind of pull off a OEM look with HID's. (Maybe im blind and it looks totally fake, you guys tell me.)

As for the 330d, without angel eyes and with HID's it would look way too fake and tacky. So I decided the visibility pack was for me.

Also went for the basic sat nav system only because I am sick of carrying the Garmin around in the car.

I have some questions I hope you can help me with

1. I did not opt for the privacy glass as BMW are charging what I feel is way too much. I can get the back professionally tinted for like £100. Did any of you guys go down the tint route or do you think the official BMW glass is better?

2. How many miles did you guys break in for before attempting a top end run? (Please note im not asking which method you guys used to break in your engines, I most certainly will be doing it by the book. Ive run in numerous cars through the years and know through experience not to be doing it the hard way.) I just want to know what the mileage was before you attempted hitting that magic three digit figure.

3. I have access to a top of the range Autologic machine. Does anyone know if I can use this to mess about with the coding of the car?

4. I have got until Monday morning to decide on which wheels I want. Everyone is telling me that 18's are the best all round.
18's?
19's?
or 20's?

5. I had LED lighting installed in the number plate lights on the Merc and changed all the interiors for LED's (My wife asked me if I was now growing weed in the car?!)
Does the F30 come with LEDs in the number plate lights? If not has any one changed interior and number plate to LED? Any errors or is all ok?

6. I know the gearbox is not a DCT job but can you do launch control?

I will probably have a ton more stupid questions for you guys but if any of you could help me out with the above that would be much appreciated.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0