View Single Post
      01-02-2020, 01:33 PM   #1
LFCpreet
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

Need help with CPO 340i

Hi everyone, first post but I’ve been browsing bmw forums since my first e90 330i.

I need help on how to approach my dealership and my options in possible recourse.

Bought a CPO 340i in November, red interior, 6spd, m-sport, track handling, speced exactly as I want with only 10k miles. For these specific options I bought the car from a BMW dealer over 3 hours away.

First night driving it home check engine light, contacted dealer first thing in the morning about what happened and that I’d be taking it to a local bmw. Basically I just wanted them to be aware that this happened within 2 hours of me driving off the lot.

Took it to local bmw they flagged several issues.

1. The check engine light was due to some valve in the gas tank that needed to be replaced.
2. The rear tires were under sized by several sizes. Like sidewalk stretched smaller than the front undersized.
3. The front headlights were misaligned, I’d asked them to check because of constant flashing from oncoming traffic when driving it home that night
4. And the main issue, an aftermarket wiring harness in the engine bay that turns out could potentially void my warranty and increases performance by about 40hp (Dinan + I believe)

Local bmw fixed the check engine light but would not touch the tune or replace the tires or adjust the headlights, and advised me to take it back to where I bought it. Thankfully the sales team was/has been great and sent a driver with a loaner M340i and took my car and drove it back a few days later. (Almost an additional 700miles on the car I should mention)

Additionally they did not make it a secret how critical they were of the certification process at the dealership I bought it from.

Now I’m trying to fight for the MPPSK kit to make up the 30-40 hp as the car is absolutely not the same once they removed the harness (which I had the dealership mail to me). I was quoted 2950 or something which is IMO completely unreasonable because as far as I’m concerned the car was falsely advertised as it was unbelievably fast (I’ve had a couple sports cars and this isn’t my first bmw to know that the car did not have ~330 hp). Low key I had a feeling the car couldn’t stock but Hindsight.

What could/should I do? I sent an email to the GM this past Saturday but with the holidays I understand the slow response. As far as I know the MPPSK is the only bmw option that will keep my warranty intact and give the performance I lost.

Appreciate your guys help and I learn a lot from these forums
Attached Images

Appreciate 0