View Single Post
      01-23-2020, 07:11 PM   #183
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marq_z View Post
Thanks for sharing your experience. I think for my purposes I'd stick with a no CEL catted DP otherwise I'd just go full catless for the added power gains. The AA definitely seems to be a contender, especially given it's a few hundred $ less than the fabspeed. However, there doesn't seem to be much info on it yet so I'm not sure how AA's claims hold.
This is basically how i made my decision - go full catless or get a high quality catted that will guarantee no CEL and pass emissions. Although the other small consideration if you are not in an emission state is the smell. You can get a catted for relatively cheap that will not pass emissions but will eliminate most of the smell.

I too didn't want to be the guinea pig for AA, and the price difference was less during BF sales, so i went fabspeed. Another member here just installed AA so maybe ask his experience? Usually if you are going to get a CEL, it happens after the first few hard pulls, especially if tuned. As mentioned by Jeff and the fact that AA is actually EPA certified, i wouldn't really have any doubt their DP will pass emissions and not produce a CEL.
Appreciate 2