02-27-2020, 03:38 PM   #1
aicaab
Registered
Canada
Rep
Drives: F30 335i 2012

F30 335i 2012 N55 overheating

Hello,

I had a leak from my oil filter housing. I fixed that by changing two gaskets on both sides of the oil filter housing, one of which connect the filter housing to the oil cooler. I followed the following procedure:

I lost coolant during the repair and I forgot to top the coolant. I drove the car to work the next day, the heater didn't work. I also noticed the coolant feed line connection (part no. :11537598237) had a leak which I fixed by using silicon ( I needed to disconnect the feed line during the first repair to get access to a bolt).

The car currently has no leaks on the coolant and oil system.

I drove the car the next day, I got an engine overheat warning. Then I realized that I am so low on coolant. I added coolant and didn't receive any warning ever since. The heater started to work again.

The oil is running high though. I am close to 120 C (250 F) which is unusually high. I live in Vancouver Canada, with a temperature of around 8 C (45 F) this time of the year.

What would you think is causing the overheating? did I damage the coolant system by running it at below low mark? can something block the coolant system? is there any diagnostic test that I can do?

Thanks for your help.
Appreciate 0