08-08-2017, 06:03 PM   #16
DavidC@PRO
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 White 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by N0Chill 335i View Post
Does RW make these parts?
Or are they outsourcing at a markup like most of the vendors on these forums?
Just wanted to point out a potential misunderstanding.

Many of the brands today contract with manufacturers to create branded products.

For example, Sumitomo (which probably many people have never heard of) is the manufacturing group for Dunlop & Falken. We recognize those 2 brands, but yet may not be familiar with Sumitomo group.

Another example is that Apple contracts with Samsung to make their display screens. This is more widely known since both companies are huge and are all over the news.

I point this out because I think misunderstandings run rampant on forums where everyone and their grandma has an opinion without any consideration for the potential damage theirs words can do. There are lot of baseless opinions on the internet so I just wanted to bring some awareness to that.

This is definitely not an attempt to criticize or justify or defend, but having been in the business world in a different arena in the past, things aren't as simple as they may seem.

I don't even know why I got into all that, as I have no clue if RW Carbon does simply rebrand already existing products, or do they actually contract with manufacturers to make their products, but I just thought the blanket statement you made about "most other vendors" is just a tad unfair. It's like saying "does anyone know if Aaron has 9 toes? cause most other Aaron's on this forum has 9 toes" hahahaha

I hope this response isn't taken with offense, but with lightheartedness as it is initially meant to be more informative than controversial

I also would like to know if RW manufactures their own products?
Appreciate 0