B1ue52
Second Lieutenant
England
Rep
Drives: F32 420d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaranF32 View Post
Fantastic write up!

I've personally got Cquartz UK 3.0 with Jescar Powerlock+ and Collinite 845. Could be argued that having a sealant and wax on top of a ceramic coating is pointless as it defeats the objective of the coating. I'd rather have the extra protection and layer them.

Defo learnt some things reading this post! A big thank you for taking the time to write this up. I've put less effort into uni assignments
Haha, thanks man... car before Uni every time!!!

I don't think it is a waste of time at all, in fact I would highly recommend it as per my comments above where I talk about layering two coatings to achieve different things. Your quartz is giving you one benefit, the sealant and wax another, in this case better hydrophobic response.

My only negative views of products like Powerlock are when they are compared directly to a nano coating which is not a good comparison at all. It's a good product in its own right, when you understand what it is and isn't doing, like you obviously do

The only thing I would suggest as an improvement is to ditch the powerlock and wax and switch it up to EXOv4 as a top layer. You would be very impressed, then use C2 as a top up if like me you miss waxing your car.

Thanks for the feedback
Appreciate 1
TaranF32129.50