2013 BMW M3  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2013 BMW F30  [0.00]
2014 BMW F22  [0.00]
2013 BMW F06  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffreyh View Post
first time posting...

Been getting into my mid life crisis and wanting a MT sports car for a while. Originally wanted to get a used Carrera but couldn't find one in the price range I wanted or I could only find years that are known to have problems.

Started looking into M3's and test drove a few but after reading the forums, I figured I would have more fun in a 335 and mod it.

Surprising hard to find a good condition used 335 M/T. During my search I found a used 435i exactly how I wanted it. Pulled the trigger and now in the BMW world. My first M/T car and it has been a blast so far.

I just put on some new wheels last week and I ordered coilovers and a new chargepipe to replace the plastic one.

I had ordered the AWE exhaust, but after reading it would fail SMOG in CA, I canceled it to do more research on exhausts. I love the sound from what I have found online but i'm not sure if I want to go through the hassle of changing things each time I need a smog.

How do others in CA get around this?
Most folks probably hang on to stock components and swap them for smog. Smog is usually done every other year, so most see it as a minor inconvenience. That, or you pay for a good old "dirty smog". Most people know a guy who knows a guy that knows a guy.