04-18-2017, 09:43 AM   #55
Mancster
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustard3 View Post
futureal33:
Coming from 2 years in an M235i, your observations don't align with mine either.

My 340i pulls at least as smoothly and forcefully as the 235 in the upper rev range, and the fuel consumption is at least 10% better in all situations. 340i currently on 4800 miles.

Wondering if your 340i needs to loosen up some more or if it's not making expected boost at high revs.
Hi guys, my 2p worth here. My 340i Saloon has done just under 3000 miles now. Performance is fantastic, I must admit that I've taken it very easy and seldom red lined in but when I have put my foot down the power is just absolutely effortless and only gets stronger higher up the rev range as opposed to tailing off!

In terms of MPG, this is what has surprised me the most. I run mine of the premium unleaded fuel from Costco, not sure if that has any bearing or not. I recently drove to Cheshire Oaks from Manchester, the car averaged 52 mpg. Admittedly, a lot of the motorway journey was restricted to 50mph but even still, I was mightily pleased with that.

Last week I drove it to Bournemouth from Manchester, 270 miles. It averaged 47mpg on the journey down there, hugely impressed again. I filled it up with £65 Costco fuel before departing and topped it up with £15 Tesco fuel for the journey back (I did a bit of town driving in Bournemouth, the car estimated it had 211 miles left in the tank for the return journey so I felt I best be safe rather than sorry and top it up slightly).

Once I got back I had just under a quarter of a tank. As of today, it's done 630 miles since the initial fill up at Costco and has just gonged telling me I've got 50 miles left in the tank.

I'm absolutely astounded at that economy, particularly as I didn't expect it in the slightest. Completely in love with this car, I came back from the gym last night and drove it home in sport plus mode, wow, the power delivery is instant and the exhaust produces much more noise now at 3k miles.

In love.
Appreciate 1
RustyBitz1573.50