01-26-2018, 12:09 PM   #58
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
Norway has HUGE electric car incentives and taxes the crap out of gasoline powered cars. Not to mention other incentives that promote a near 40% e-car sales market for e-cars.

Yes, BMW has produced around ~45K i3's for world wide production... (recently BMW sold it's 100K i-car, globally) but I was responding to a forum member is the US market. For BMW NA to only sell 6K i3's is not a sales success, IF you ask me. And when an i3 can cost the same as a 5er(say a 528i)... I know which one I would buy.

I like the i3... but it IS too expensive for what it is. I suspect in another year the CPO market will be flooded with them in the USA.

Dackel
Thanks for the context (as usual), sir. When nearly a quarter of worldwide sales of a product is to one sparsely populated country that subsidizes that product to the point where its citizenry are all but bribed to adopt it, there's something wrong with the picture.

To Norwegians (and, to an extent, Dutch): The automotive world does not revolve around you, just as it does not revolve around the U.S., either. Think globally or stay home.
Appreciate 2