View Single Post
      01-27-2021, 04:22 AM   #1
BulkBen
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G80 M3, Mini x 2, Lotus x 4

What just happened? Dorch + Vargas GC + E50 tune

Hi Guys,

I have temporarily escaped the other Dad's in the XBimmers forums, need some help from you guys who are a bit more familiar with working the B58.

Recently bolted on a Vargas GC turbo, having gone from stage 2+ (Dorch stage 2 and down pipe). At the same time I have gone from E30 to E50.

I'm working with Cary Jordan's guys on a remote custom tune, currently on second revision with what looks like very safe boost numbers (under 24psi and mild timing) so far, all logs are clean.

Anyway, I went WOT up a hill the other day and the power felt incredibly strong - as if it was over-boosting, until it hit redline that is. Very quickly the car seemed to shutdown and faults appeared.

Unfortunately I wasn't logging at the time.

Directly after the car was running really rough, I shut it down and restarted, and it was ok (although faults were still there). I ran the diagnostics later with BM3 and the codes in the pic appeared.

I cleared all of these and all now seems fine after doing some WOT runs, but a little concerned I don't know what caused the issue.

Any ideas?
I'm confident my E50 mix is sound, plenty of fuel was in the tank and like I said the logs I have done on the same revision show no detonation and boost seems conservative.

I am still running the stock charge pipe and at first I thought I'd blown that, but now codes are cleared it seems to be running perfectly fine.

- Just realised these logs are too long, can't get the detail I need this way: https://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=6010...729b570c2b1c51
Attached Images

Last edited by BulkBen; 01-27-2021 at 05:23 AM..
Appreciate 0