View Single Post
      04-25-2012, 10:35 AM   #216
Casey 5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335i,SPG,ZSP,ZPP,Step

I think GM is still the largest auto manufacturer worldwide...with Toyota and VW Group very close behind.

I agree with the poster who said--Audi and BMW are both GREAT brands. You should test drive both the S4 and the F30 335i and see what you think.

But to eliminate the S4 test drive because of the VW connection is just cheating yourself.

Audi is making some great cars--especially in their S, R, and RS lines.

Their designs are both GERMAN (strong, , slightly aggressive) and MODERN/TECH.

If Audi designs had to be compared to a technology company...it would compare to Apple. Take the S5....not a line out of place. The R8 V10 spyder...that thing will still be gorgeous in 100 years.

Clean...modern...functional designs...beautiful. Audi interiors always have fit and finish beyond customer expectations.

Both Audi and Apple make products that could be show cased in a museum of modern art.

BMW....as we all know....has struggled to regain that clean, beautiful, slightly aggressive GERMAN design....ala E46 M3 (both hard top and vert)...or the Z8...or the E39 M5....or last generation M6/650i (hardtop vert.)

Cabin fit and finish suffering....remember the refresh of the E90/E92 when they just removed the beautiful wood trim cover off the center console change dish?

Those pennywise decisions made at BMW are viewed as pound foolish at companies like Audi and Apple.

BMWs....suffering from Bangle hangover....has got to get back to beautiful German design...and when I mean slightly aggressive...I do not mean dropping the nose ala F30.

I mean showing muscle through slightly bulging fenders ala E46 M3...just a hint of something special.

Gee whiz BMW used to be the ABSOLUTE BEST at that!

Now we get the new 650i--FAT and NO PASSION...3 series verts with clunky folding hard tops that destroy the beautiful lines of the car...(e46 verts were as, if not more beautiful, than their hard top bretheren) or the GT.

What the heck happened???

I look at the BMW show room....I think......

BMW is strictly targeting men age 55-65 who play golf at the country club.
Appreciate 0