View Single Post
      04-25-2018, 11:59 AM   #119
BunkerJ
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspade View Post
That would be very informative for the group.

I'll be honest, I'm on the fence about installing the spring or not. Worst case, I spent $135 on a stronger valve that operates as stock. Not too worried about it.

I just know Ill be disappointed if drivability is affected to the point of annoyance. I daily drive my car... a lot. Minimum 80mi per day, M-F. If I don't like the way it feels, it will be another weekend away when I can take it all back a part. I'm torn.

Interested to hear another review once you get yours installed.
Yeah, if you decide to not go with the stronger spring, you won't see the performance benefits, but you will enjoy knowing that your DV+ will likely not fail under high boost like my stock started to. No changes to tuning, but wasn't making my boost target any longer. Swapped it out and no issues since. Once it starts to get bad, you'll notice the hissing, CEL, etc.

That being said, if you don't like the noise and don't care to miss out on the performance benefits, then I'd just do it without the stronger spring. At the end of the day, you'll reduce your chance of failure and frustration.

2013 F30 328i: MHI Big Turbo, GFB DV+, Mishimoto CAI, ER TIC/CP/Catless DP, AWE Touring Quad Exhaust w/ Resonated Midpipe, NGK LI Plugs, BM3 with PTF Stage 2 91 AGG Tune, Fuel-it Stage 2 LPFP, Solowerks S1 Coilovers, and DEPO/M-Sport Retrofit
Appreciate 0