View Single Post
      06-05-2021, 04:48 PM   #3
JD6
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 840i GC + Mini Electric L3

For about 13 years I lived in fairly central London as I needed to be at my desk in the City by 7am, so any further away just meant a tricky commute rather than 20 minutes by car.

As soon as I could, I moved to my favourite place in the UK - the Lake District. I wondered for a while if moving to a place which I enjoyed as a tourist would actually work out as a permanent home, but that was about 17 years ago and it has. It’s been fantastic and I can’t imagine living anywhere else in the UK.

Of course a key part of this is my love of mountains. If they’re not you’re thing then it wouldn’t be for you! I always have in the back of my mind that I might one day move to the Highlands if tourism gets too much here, but while the mountains are great up there, it’s pretty cut off from everywhere else.

In terms of getting decent broadband, as I live in a pretty remote area, it could have been tricky. So I set up a Community Fibre Partnership and enrolled my (few) neighbours and forced Openreach to get their act together. After much resistance they spent nearly £100k getting fast broadband to 7 houses!
Appreciate 1
Sennen1733.50