View Single Post
      08-14-2015, 11:03 PM   #2
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgonzalez
I had an issue earlier this week where I couldn't connect either via USB or Bluetooth. Kept trying to make it work all morning. The simply would not recognize that there was a phone to connect to. When I got in my car after work, Bluetooth and usb worked fine.

Anybody ever had an issue like that? I once had it happen in a Ford Flex but all I did was turn the car off then back on. Sounds like an episode of the IT crowd. But turning off the car then on actually worked. The same could not be said for the BMW.
Yes. I have noticed this twice on my 2015 f02.

Essentially, Bluetooth device (iPhone) won't connect.

I rebooted and killed all apps on the iPhone---all to no avail.

Now, there is a way to reset the com while driving: hit your SOS and then tell the response center you're testing the system and you want to know your location.

The action effectively resets all comm after disconnect too but, the iPhone was still hosed.

Next, the old way to reset idrive no longer works. You used to be able to hold in the volume knob for 30 seconds and then idrive would reboot----even while driving.

Now, the closest I can come to forcing a reboot:

1. Hold idrive knob in for 30 seconds.
2. Turn off car.
3. Exit and lock
4. Wait 10 minutes.

When you unlock the car, you will see the BMW logo on idrive---this means a reboot. Normally, this clears the trouble and Bluetooth will start working.

If someone knows a better way to reboot idrive, please post it here.
Appreciate 0