07-13-2018, 11:59 AM   #13
kalien34
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5 40e CB M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyanfall View Post
Since i have never driven 430 or subaru before, I actually do not really understand the situation. I felt the throttle response in sport mode of 440 is fast enough, probably I was wrong and subaru is even faster. Someday i should have a try.
It's like a short time after you put your foot on the throttle, the car doesn't respond immediately. Instead after that short while the power came and it creates a kick on you. It doesn't happen often especially if you be gentle on the throttle. But if you are at a very low speed but put your foot down in a sudden, it could happen.

While in the Legacy, your foot down, the car reacts, seamlessly. CVT must be a big factor, and I am thinking thorttle delay could be another, because the ECU is taking time to respond to the throttle motion and during that time you thought the power is not enough that's why the car is not responding therefore you tend to step on the pedal further, but once the signal processed by the ECU the throttle becomes too much already and thus created the kick/jerk.
Appreciate 0