View Single Post
      03-11-2007, 10:31 AM   #24
DFW_M
Major General
Rep
Drives: Macan GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottwww View Post
You don't get upset very easily, do you? Your face must be red. I had no idea that mild words would affect you so. Now to a couple items:

- What you say about the econony is an incomplete thought. What do you mean?
- If somebody wants me to pay their medical bills for them, they need to ask me personally, or someone on their behalf should ask. And it is my decision whether to help them. If people had to ask the giver, then there might be a lot less complaining about the governments lack of care.
- GWB proposed on at least two occassions in separate state of the union addresses (and followed up with a US tour to promote) changes to Social Security that would keep it working. And better than ever. The plan was too sweeping a change for a weak congress. This change would have been better for everybody in the US. The life insurance lobby had some role in it's defeat. If you are not familiar with GWB's proposals, then do some research before you claim he has done nothing good.
- On education, he has done better than any president that I can think of. If you want to claim he has done no good here, then provide some evidence (or at least a rationale for your argument). Personally, I would rather that the public school system were only one of the options students had for where to attend. And I mean from grade school on up. My taxes should not go to paying for public schools to indoctrinate my kids into liberalism. If my kids were going to private school, or home-schooled, then I should either not have to pay school tax, or at least, I should get a voucher for tuition/books/materials/education related expenses. Take your pick, but stop picking from my wallet.

1) ECONOMY:
THe economy is a cyclical thing. If Clinton stayed in the office another 4 years, he would be remembered as the guy that put us in recession. This way we all remember him because of the great late ninetees... So, I really do not blame Bush for a poor economy through his first few years of presidency.

2) EDUCATION:
http://www.stateline.org/live/ViewPa...ontentId=86486
I mean, when our education level is towards the bottom of the world (and I know as I did my HS ed in Europe, then the College here), and the idiot proposes to cut funding it in order to continue his cowboy-ism around the world -- that is it.

UNITER/DIVIDER:
I blame him for dividing the country worse than EVER. Nowdays it is all about the parties and a great division.

MEDICAL:
Your medical comment is...sorry to say this way -- STUPID. That way we should all decide where our taxes go and what percentage we wanted to contribute. I do not want to waste my money on this war shit, I'd much rather pay a piece of my neighbor's medical bill for that matter. I would definitely pay for my family's future bills to be covered (as in many very developed countries, and UNDEVELOPED countries, too). But wasted $1 trillion on this war is so sad.

W PROPOSALS:
You're so naive... Proposals in the State of Union address... Hmmm, he said so many great things during his re-election campaign...nothing happened. The Address you mention is just propaganda blah...

The bottom line is:
- He divided this country to 50/50...
- He IS responsible for 500k Iraqi deaths and 3200 American soldier deaths in Iraq (I did support his effort in Afghanistan).
- He IS responsible for the record deficit over and over.
- He IS definitely greatly (not all the way) responsible for all this hate toward Americans in the world
- He IS definitely greatly responsible for the f'd up future of our kids...

And I coud go on and on...

PS> So far NO ONE has answered my question WHY they attacked us in particular???
Appreciate 0