scottwww
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 335i, 15 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr325i View Post
1) ECONOMY:
THe economy is a cyclical thing. If Clinton stayed in the office another 4 years, he would be remembered as the guy that put us in recession. This way we all remember him because of the great late ninetees... So, I really do not blame Bush for a poor economy through his first few years of presidency.
Yes, the recession started under Clinton. I don't blame Clinton for the recession. I do not give Clinton credit for the stock market of the late 90s. I do not blame Clinton for the internet bubble that burst.
Quote:
2) EDUCATION:
I mean, when our education level is towards the bottom of the world (and I know as I did my HS ed in Europe, then the College here), and the idiot proposes to cut funding it in order to continue his cowboy-ism around the world -- that is it.
I am not aware of GWB defunding education. Really I don't care. The educational system as it exists in America needs to be abolished or rebuilt from the ground up. It is not a Republican educational establishment. If anything, it is the fault of the liberals who run the whole thing. So, we agree that the education system in America is atrocious.
Quote:
UNITER/DIVIDER:
I blame him for dividing the country worse than EVER. Nowdays it is all about the parties and a great division.
This happened because the liberals can't stand it when a non-liberal has any power - especially if they exercise it. The liberal media is with the liberal political establishment.
Quote:
MEDICAL:
Your medical comment is...sorry to say this way -- STUPID. That way we should all decide where our taxes go and what percentage we wanted to contribute. I do not want to waste my money on this war shit, I'd much rather pay a piece of my neighbor's medical bill for that matter. I would definitely pay for my family's future bills to be covered (as in many very developed countries, and UNDEVELOPED countries, too). But wasted $1 trillion on this war is so sad.
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.
National defense is the fundamental responsibility of our government. If our taxes can't go to national defense, then there should be no tax at all.

Show me where in the constitution you have a right to medical care paid for by me. If you can muster enough support for your universal health care (if that is what you wish) then this can be done. It is not wise. You would have to constrain those who use unversal health care to be responsible with their health. No obecity. No smoking. No alcoholism. Are you prepared to micro-manage people's lives? I don't want you to micro-manage mine. People have freedom. With freedom comes individual responsibility. Take away the responsibility, and ultimately you must take away the freedom. Do you want that?
Quote:
W PROPOSALS:
You're so naive... Proposals in the State of Union address... Hmmm, he said so many great things during his re-election campaign...nothing happened. The Address you mention is just propaganda blah...
The president can propose legislation, but it is only a proposal until congress acts on it to send it to him for his approval. If the people are not inspired by it enough that the poll watching legislators and the media have no choice but to act, then it is dead before it gets anywhere. You can blame the president for not inspiring people. This is where a Ronald Reagan type could make a difference.
Quote:
The bottom line is:
- He divided this country to 50/50...
- He IS responsible for 500k Iraqi deaths and 3200 American soldier deaths in Iraq (I did support his effort in Afghanistan).
- He IS responsible for the record deficit over and over.
- He IS definitely greatly (not all the way) responsible for all this hate toward Americans in the world
- He IS definitely greatly responsible for the f'd up future of our kids...

And I coud go on and on...
This is your rant and only your opinion.