View Single Post
      10-17-2017, 04:00 AM   #38
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surturminn View Post
Apologies for resurrecting an old thread......but wondered if there was any conclusion?

Just had my 330 xDrive in for it's first service, 2 years and 15000 miles with all tyres getting advisories.

Rears are even and down to 3mm, both fronts are almost completely worn on the outside edges.

They have advised all 4 corners changed plus a KDS wheel alignment - not sure why that would be off, as no kerbing here

Anybody know a decent place around West Lothian to get this done?

Never had this sort of weat on the 1 Aldis I had previously, and driving style, type of journey and location has not changed since then......

Surely that can't be acceptable wear
Following a puncture on one of the original equipment Bridgestone run-flats I switched my F31 335d to conventional Goodyear AS2's at roughly 22k miles. There was actually a fair bit of tread life on the three run-flats I chucked away but the wear had been uneven on the fronts and that may have actually contributed to the aforementioned puncture.

Anyway, the car has now covered around 46k miles and all four AS2's still have over 5mm of tread left (which suggests I'll get the best part of 40k from the set assuming the wear rate is linear). Given the uneven wear on the run-flats I had a full alignment check done when the Goodyears were fitted and my experience with the AS2's suggests tyre wear is pretty even across all four wheels and that the 335d is pretty kind to its tyres; on a RWD BMW I always thought I was lucky to get 20k from a set of rears so to have done 24k on a set and still have over 5mm left is pretty reasonable IMO!
Appreciate 0