12-03-2012, 02:36 PM   #262
bunker
BVARIAN
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by advantage20 View Post
Seriously, this thread is becoming pretty annoying, looks like a bunch of (mainly American) teenagers just discovered how sex works (I mean the market) and are disappointed about it... Look at how many luxury/sport brands went downhill, BMW CANNOT remain independent if they do not satisfy global demand. And if you want your 3 Series and M3 to remain at the top of the game, then accept the rules of the game*. Or get a radical sports car (if your wallet allows it) with no room inside for your kids or your luggage.
I think you are missing the point (and I'm not an American teenager, to level-set). Ferrari just built a gorgeous, 3-door GT (the FF) which combines functionality with stunning good looks.

BMW has now built not one, but two cars that combine functionality with the *ss-end of a melted water buffalo.

The complaint is not so much BMW trying to fill every single niche on the planet, but doing so without a shred of good taste. If you have to make the car look like this in order for the functionality goals to be achieved, I've got a newsflash for you - YOU'VE MADE A POOR AUTOMOBILE.
Appreciate 0