Thread: BMW vs. Audi
View Single Post
      04-24-2012, 08:54 AM   #24
robbie_boy
Rep
Drives: Grey.6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by entendu View Post
My coworker has a pretty new S4, and it's fairly awesome. Pulls hard, and the seat shape and material really keep you planted. The electronics are fairly "gadgety" -- knobs and dials EVERYWHERE.

Is quattro worth the weight? I dunno, probably not here in California. Still a really fun car though, and the interior is top notch.
Well also coming from an Audi A4 to a 1er I would have to say that the quattro is AMAZING probally the best feature on the car. Living in Canada its amazing now Cali it would kinda be useless IMO.

I think the comparisons are there between classes you just have to look deeper into BMW because they have so many different models ex:
3 series as of 2007 and up
323i/325i/328i/330i/335i
Audi 4 series
A4/S4/RS4

Audi has 3/4/5/6/8/TT/Q
BMW has 1/3/5/6/7/Z/X
See where Audi has 3 at the most models per series BMW has 3+ and BMW also has coupes and sedans.Where Audi has mostly sedans

And I really don't think the R8 is a Lambo in Audi clothing. Look at the heart of the car the engine. Its a Audi built engine, same one that is in the RS6 although it does use the same R-tronic transmission as the Lambo. I feel all cars that are super cars borrow something from the competion. Such as the new nsx. Kinda looks like a R8 no??

Do I think one is better than the other?
No I think they are better at different things

Cheers,
Rob
Attached Images

Last edited by robbie_boy; 04-24-2012 at 09:01 AM..
Appreciate 0