View Single Post
      11-04-2016, 04:15 PM   #49
weytie
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 F82 Competition

As the install of the lights on a F31 is a bit more complicated then the F30, here some pics of the wiring for the inner lights.

Here is how I did the wiring.
The only parts you have to remove are the 2 sliding covers (where the lights are), the upper trim of the tailgate.
Also undo the trim where the concertina goes inside the tailgate.(there’s 1 torx screw under the rubber piece, the rest just clicks off). See picture.

Then i took out the inner taillight on the right side.
You can run the wiring of the left taillight tot he right side with a bith routing.

Then I inserted a flexible iron wire from the top of the tailgate tot he bottom of the tailgate where the inner light is.
This is very easy. Now you take the 2 wires and tape them tot he metal wire and pull the wire up and guide the wires easily to the top.
Once this is done, you take out the sealings of the rubber concertina on both sides.
I then sprayed some silicone spray in the concertina and on the wires to guide them easy through the concertina.
Actually this went really easy.
It’s just a matter of opening and closing the uper part of the tailgate and complete tailgate for easy acces of putting in the wires.

Then you release the 2 screw on the D pillar and pull off the rubber seal ( you have to pull strong to take off.
Now you take off the cover fort he battery to access the REM box.
I connected them directly to the connectors with a scotchlock tot he correct wires.
Put everything back together and done 
Attached Images

Appreciate 4