Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirelli View Post
Quick question for the experts.

Do I need to have one copy of the SWE folder inside C:\ESysData\psdzdata and also inside C:\ESysData?

Just wondering since that folder is 14 GB and it seems dumb that the program requires two copies of it within the same scheme of things.

Thanks.
I agree, it does seem a bit dumb but I just did it anyways lol. I wasn't sure to which directory of the two the program would look at

Quote:
Originally Posted by demge01 View Post
Edit - working fine now after restating the lap top, switching off wifi etc.
I heard this one before, after people turn their wifi off it usually works again. Kinda weird, my wifi doesn't seem to bother the connection :S

Quote:
Originally Posted by RASHID007 View Post
svache, thank you so much for all this amazing information!

I just coded my April 2012 build F30. I did all the mods EXCEPT those under FEM_BODY and REM as when I tried to read the coding data I received an error that it could not find the CAFD file. I checked in the psdzdata folders and I see that the required CAFD files are not in there. Does that mean I need a newer psdzdata file than v46.3? If so, where can I get the newest version?

Please and thank you.

http://img831.imageshack.us/img831/1804/capture3qq.jpg
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/7955/capture2u.jpg
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/116/captureenz.jpg
That's a weird problem.. I'm not exactly sure how that's possible. I doubt it is because of the dataset not being available, it should read the file regardless and if there would be an error, I kind of would expect a different one.. Either way, could you read the i-step number of your car? You can check this by putting your car's profile on an USB stick (by using the port in the glove compartment) and then read the file on a computer with notepad. Somewhere you should be able to read some numbers between these tags: <i-step> </i-step>. This way we can see if it is indeed the dataset or not, I doubt it but just to be sure

edit: well disregard my answer basically.. I just checked with some other people and they too think it might be outdated datafiles. Hopefully the 3.22 version of e-sys and 46.6 datafiles will become available soon. I especially expect problems with the current version once the 2013 cars come out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RASHID007 View Post
I was able to find one (cafd_00000794.caf.002_020_029) of the missing CAFD files (from another forum).

Now all I need is: cafd_000007A1_005_018_028

I coded everything I wanted so far. Check out the mirror folding and window up/down from key fob and from long holding the comfort access!

(waiting for videos to upload to Youtube then I'll post link)
Just a word of caution: be careful with using CAFD's from other cars on your own car. There's a possibility the CAFD you downloaded does not have all the options enabled that you car may have come with, resulting in a disabled option or error codes (or worse, certain CAFD's contain safety related specifics and if something is changed there, your airbag, for example, could malfunction).

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpirelli View Post
AWESOME!!!

Thanks bro. It worked. It's stupid to have two copies IMO.

I feel dumb lol

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread

Last edited by svache; 06-24-2012 at 04:53 PM..
Appreciate 0