View Single Post
      03-28-2017, 08:27 AM   #31
MatrixNeo
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinckley View Post
I drove BMWs for years but switched to Audi a couple of cars back. There's just not the great gulf between the two brands that there once was.

The biggest issue with the current 3er (imo) is that it's old. The exterior and interior design wasn't great when it was introduced seven years ago, and it's just gotten older. The A4 is new in all respects. Although I think the new A4's exterior styling is incredibly boring for a new design, its interior design is light years ahead of the BMW.

From a driving dynamics perspective, I think that the S4 is a better car than the equivalent 340, especially when spec'd with Audi's trick sport (torque vectoring) diff. However, at the lower end, the A4's nose-heavy, FWD architecture doesn't compare with the 320's or 330's RWD architecture.

So it really depends on where you want to compromise. If sporting driving dynamics is more important to you and you're looking at the lower end of the range, I'd buy the BMW (and hold my nose every time I got into its horrible interior). If the overall package - smooth drive, comfort, style - is more important, I'd go for the Audi.
woowww !!!, you drove lot of bimmers (saw from signature), what made you to switch to an A6?
Appreciate 0