View Single Post
      03-29-2019, 12:28 AM   #18
lens
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by EstorilMSport View Post
So I finally got around to doing a track day at Sebring this past weekend. For prep I flushed the fluid with fresh RBF600 and took the PS4S tires down to 30 psi. I also installed the BMS oil cooler valve.

The car held up great and the suspension was awesome. I ran in Sport + with the bootmod3 Stg 2 93 octane tune and never ran into overheating issues in 78 degree weather. I did get some brake fade eventually (running stock M sport pads). I did have a little bit of a hard time with the throttle modulation as the tune makes the pedal very sensitive to input.

For my next track day I'd like to swap brake pads. What pads should I run and should I swap the rotors as well (40k on them now) along with SS brake lines? Also has anyone installed F/R sway bars?

Thanks for the advice. Definitely more of these in my future.

I ran stoptech sport pads and I was not able to make them fade, no matter how hard I drove (to be honest, the track I was on wasn't too big and we had 3 hard braking points, with 1 of them at the end of a long straight) I found these pads to be the perfect balance between street and track. I would swap in SS lines as well if you're going to be tracking regularly, the rotors could probably go another 10k, but if you're going to swap everything, might as well get new rotors too.

My next step was going to be sway bars, but unfortunately I had alot of maintenance to catch up on, I was looking to get the hotchkis sway bar set.

P.S:

Follow the yellow around the track and that's the track, it's pretty small, but it'll test your brakes.