View Single Post
      11-12-2019, 11:01 PM   #511
fastboatster
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 bmw 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisualEcho View Post
My first BMW is my current OG M2. I always liked the way the 3-series cars looked, but the interior's always put me off. They seemed overly harsh, and just a generally unfriendly environment. I wanted an E30, E36, and an E46 really bad, but never got any of them. Then the E92 was on my list, but the car had gotten just way too big and heavy.

Thankfully the M2 is damn near perfect in just about every way, and has a very friendly interior.
my first BMW is a "big and heavy" e90 328i. It is not nearly as big and heavy as some "experts" like to say, it's with a couple of inches of e46's size, and this might be a wheel track. Somebody( Nathan's BMW workshop on youtube) has measured body sizes for e46 and e90 and found no discernible differences. This seems to be correct because when I parked next to e46, my e90 didn't seem larger at all.
Lastly, e90 wears its weight really well, just like an m2
Anyways, e46 with a lot of options might end up being heavier than basic stripped down e90. And I think most of the extra weight on e90 helped to solve subframe mount cracking issue e46 is notorious for, so that's a good thing.
Anyways, didn't want this to come across as negative, I guess I just wanted to say that it must be awesome to have an m2 as a first, or second or even 10th BMW. Hope you are enjoying it but don't believe everything some internet experts say about the e90s. e90s are awesome cars.