View Single Post
      06-29-2017, 12:31 PM   #75
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgaultiere View Post
The Chevrolet bolt is also butt ugly, tiny, front wheel drive, and not remotely interesting. It's a Nissan Leaf that has longer range. Boring. Worse, it's a $35,000 Honda Fit. Who wants that?

Tesla has been so successful because they are making desirable cars that are competitive in their price range. If you're looking to spend $70-100k on a car, you could either buy a 5-series/7-series or you could buy a Tesla Model S. Both cars are sporty and luxurious. One is electric the other is gas. If you're a progressive or environmentally-minded person, the Tesla is the obvious choice.

On the other hand, if you're going to spend $35k on a car, you could buy a 3-series or a chevy bolt. I'm a fan of electric cars, but I'd take the 3-series every time. It's in an entirely different league of performance and luxury (not to mention style). If the Tesla Model 3 is remotely competitive with the BMW 3er in terms of sportiness, quality, and luxury then that would be the obvious choice (we already know the Model 3 is stylish).

I predict the Model 3 is big competition for the BMW 3er, Audi A4, etc. Apparently BMW thinks so too...
Maybe you should actually try one before criticising it. Have you even seen one in person?
Appreciate 1
AudiA4647.50