View Single Post
      10-04-2018, 08:38 PM   #1
Kafkaesque328
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 328i M Sport

New Info for People Who Want to Buy their Cars at Lease End

A lease end rep from Crevier reached out to me a few days back inquiring about what my plans were, even though I have a year left on my lease. I have been putting a lot more miles on the car recently and at this rate, will be way over my miles on the lease. I also have some dings, scratches and curb rash and I generally love the car, so rather than deal with lease-end BS, I would prefer to buy the car. I don't really care about the G20 per se and instead of buying miles and fixing small damages in the end, I would prefer to keep it. I mentioned my interest in buying it at lease end and here is what I was told:

BMWFS and dealers did away with 'dynamic pricing' and the old way where you could have the dealer buy the car from BMWFS and then sell it back to you at a negotiated price, somewhere lower than your residual but higher than they paid for the car. That no longer exists, I am told. BUT, the caveat is this:

She explained that all the lease returns coming in right now are 2015 models and BMWFS is offering across the board a $4000 discount off residual value for those models, should you want to buy the car. No haggling, no bs. So whether or not that ends up being a lot more or less than the car is worth, thats what it is. She told me when I'm 120 days out from my lease end next July that they will be able to apply whatever program that is running to my 2016 model and then its up to me. They don't inspect the car, you aren't required to certify it, doesn't matter if its damaged or over miles or whatever it is, you can buy the car for X amount off the residual. They are only offering $800 off RV on 2016 models right now because most people are still have a year left on their 2016 cars.

If they were running something similar next year for 2016 models, that would make my price $28000. Residual is $32k. $28k will likely be about $2000 more than a comparable car would be, like mine, but I would probably buy it anyway since its 'my car', all my miles and I wouldn't have to deal with any lease end damage charges or mileage bullshit or anything. Even if they knocked that much off the residual and I was buying the car for more than it was likely worth, its still a good deal on the car in the long run since I paid peanuts on the front end for the 1st 3 years ($367 a month, nothing down). It would roughly work out to my original selling price on the car which was $42k. My other option would be to lease something new, and I'm kind of over leasing, or buy something used so I would prob try and buy another CPO 2016 model for like, low $20k range and drive that. I just don't really care anymore but I would prefer to keep driving a 3 series so there it is

So that is whats going on with that for anyone who is looking at this option.

Past: 2014 Black 320i | Sport Pkg | BMS Stage 1

Last edited by Kafkaesque328; 10-04-2018 at 09:59 PM..
Appreciate 6
jmg18657.00
Fuller1216.50
eluded3005.00
kern4174445.00