View Single Post
      11-30-2012, 03:05 PM   #61
CKau
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 Xdrive30i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterF11 View Post
Price difference between 328i and 335i is $ 13,500.
Let's stay, depending on your country of residence you will value this tuning more or less.
+1 in australia the luxury car tax is 33% and the threshold to start paying lct vaires by the fuel consumption rating.

the 328i sneaks under the more generous fuel efficient lct threshold due to its lower consumption. This results in the 335i going over the lct. This brings the 335i price to $26,500 more than the 328i thanks largely to the taxes.

This is before state level duties on top of the lct taxes.

So for those of you who are fortunate to have low tax regimes on cars, get out of your little world, broaden your mind, learn from us on the thread and realise that in some markets the difference is massive.

The A$ is also stronger than the US$... So these differences are significant in value terms.

Tuning is way more cost effective for those hoping for more power.

Personally for me i could not afford such a large monetary gap. Still would have bought an optioned up 328i even if i had the cash as the performance gap is not that large and i could make up the gap via a tune.

If the taxes were different i might think a little differently.

Btw the cost of options on the 335i are more expensive than the same option on the 328i. Illustrates how much we get gouged by our govt.
Appreciate 0