11-24-2019, 03:51 AM   #1223
Frankly30
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidschu View Post
Has anyone gotten an aftermarket camera to work with their android screen? I purchased the avin Android 9.0 screen and got the backup camera with it.

When I installed the screen I did a quick test with the backup camera as pictured below in the interior of my car. I did this with a very quick hand twisted connection to see if I would get signal from the backup camera. It was very choppy and going in and out but I figured that was because i didn't connect the wires very well.

A month later I got the time to run the wire through the interior and hook up the camera. I'm not getting any signal now. I tried multiple times to redo the connections and I'm still getting nothing.

The wires that I had to splice together were different gauge which doesn't seem right but those are the wires they provide. Also on the diagram they provide, the small black wire they say not to connect to anything. Should this wire be grounded? Any other tips would be appreciated
On the picture it doesn't look like you've connected the black ground cable from your Cam. You'll find ground on pretty much anywhere on your car where there is a metal plate.
Appreciate 0