View Single Post
      03-04-2019, 11:05 AM   #304
MarkoSK
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 330eX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igorsmb View Post
Hi guys, iam new here so i have few questions... i have 2 bmw, one is f30 316d 3/2013, and second one is f31 320d 10/2014. On f30 is CIC and small screen, and on f31 is NBT and small screen. I would like to put bigger screens on bouth cars, so what you will sugest me, 8.8 or 10.25 size? Do i need to code unit on bouth cars or just on CIC? Is that just plug and play switch? Can i play video in motion when i put bigger screens? If i need to code it can i code with carly or i need esys or ista
1. Your F30 has CIC, which can't be upgraded to a larger OEM screen, the only option is to purchase a 3rd party screen, such as BimmerTech's VividScreen. VividScreen doesn't require any coding, however the image will be a bit stretched.

2. Your F31 has HU_ENTRYNAV, which supports both the 8.8" and 10.25" screens. Both have the same resolution (although 10" has more screen space), so its up to you which one you prefer more. You'll need an ENET adapter ($20 on eBay) and eSys or other alternative (BimmerCode, Carly, etc.). Note that eSys is more complicated, but more stable than the others. I wouldn't recommend doing the coding over WiFi or Bluetooth.

3. You can't play any videos with HU_ENTRYNAV (dunno about CIC). If you enable video playback via coding, it still won't play any videos (there's a thread about this in the forums). If you want to play videos, you'll need to buy additional hardware, however you will be able to show anything you want (nav or videos from phone, etc.)

4. Splitscreen will work automatically with a larger screen, no need to code it.
Appreciate 0