Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 328d xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by f30hobbes View Post

Hey man,

So the quality is pretty good, If I am not mistaken one of the components say "HELLA" which is the OEM manufacturer of the BMW LEDS. I owned an LCI before this with the OEM LEDS and the light output is pretty similar, but the cutoff isn't as clean as OEM.

As far as issues, I have run into an issue with the bar at the end of the DRLs, on the driver side the bar at the end of the DRLS don't output light. I didn't notice the first day because I was a little too excited, and it's pretty hard to tell unless you look at a reflection and you'll see the bar next to the two half circles isn't emitting light. so I assume one of the bulbs shorted or something like that, but the seller which is AKD, was very understanding and was okay with sending me a replacement to remedy the situation. I do have to put a deposit down but I feel like that does make sense.

There have been no error messages or issues, and I talked to another guy that had them from aliexpress and he's had no issues whatsoever. No coding was needed and as it truly is plug n play.

I had installed a set of DEPO's before myself, and it took around 7-8 hours because I am not the handiest person, and my brother did a bulk of the work. So this time I sent it to a body shop that I've gone to in the past and they finished the install in around 3 hours. So I think it will vary whether or not you want to DIY or have someone else do it. However, when he installed he told me I needed special screws that he had to order from the dealer and I can ask him which ones specifically.

The DRL's can be turned off, but unfortunately the brightness can't be adjusted in bimmercode as far as I know. I tried lowering the parking light brightness but it didn't seem to do anything. I'll try to get some pictures up when I have time, but overall I've been impressed with the lights especially after having LCI's before as well as DEPO's with LED bulbs.
Wow they look great. I wouldn't be able to tell that they're not OEM. Would love to see some more close up shots if possible. Specifically the area by the indicators that says bmw led.

Definitely let me know about those screws if you can. I think I'll be ordering a set of these ASAP.

Curious how the light output is compared to the stock halogens? I currently have LED bulbs in mine and don't really have any complaints, just looking for an aesthetic change. As long as these headlights are as good as stock I'd be happy.

Thanks for the pics and the info, much appreciated.