View Single Post
      10-05-2017, 07:12 AM   #24
jdr78569
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F31 328d sport wag

I head ya, finding the right BMW you want with the features is a pain. Took me months to find a wagon with the M-Sport, diesel, and packages i wanted. Couldnt find one with the drive plus assistance so i finally found one with out it and been adding the features.

Everyone has good points but till their in your shoes its easy to shout out things (no offense). I bought mine blindly, I found it on autotrader, contacted dealership numerous times. Got all the pics, info, review, extended warranty, inspections, etc i could get before making a deal. So when i flew into Flordia for it the dealer owner himself picked me up at the airport. Showed me around town, grabbed some food and went to work. Even though i already put a deposit down and financed ready (on my own not theirs) I still wasnt liable to take the car; at this point I was 96% sure of buying it but wanted to get eyes on and hands on before. Even if that meant i had to fly back empty handed. Sure enough, saw it, inspect it, drove it! loved it! I even got it cheaper than he wanted. So doing your research always pays off and shows your in serious interest. If the dealer cant/wont play along id dip. If they are as good reviewed as you say I dont see why they wouldn't be willing to help out you know.

If your worried about shipping why not fly and drive? Faster and cheaper IMO.

You mention all the cars around you are not M-Sport line and others say add it later. This is my 2c. You could buy one yes, you could add it later yes. However at what expense? It could potentially be more expensive or as much to do that. Youll have to wait for the right parts in the right color and hope condition is as good as they said. PLUS youll have to pay for shipping which could be more damages. Then install and deal with you old parts. M-Sport package has alot of nice additions from the other lines.
Steering wheel, airbag, front/rear bumpers, fog lights, door plates, trim, key fob, wheels,black trim, black headliner, brake calipers( depends) etc. All this add ups if your wanting to do it right. IMO would be better to buy it that way. Everything will match and be there the 1st time and no worries about paint wear and tear and not matching from other car parts.

High mileage? id have to ask is it really? Its a 3 year old car making the mileage 17.333K per year. The average driver is about 18k a year. Insurance says 15k but realistically its more 18k, they just want to adjust rates higher at that point. PLUS you only drive a little per year so it will even out after sometime. BUT if your wanting to buy this car im assuming ur wanting to keep it so does it really matter if its a well oil machine that works and is exactly what you wanted? I paid mine off and have no intention of getting rid of it, hell im even keeping full coverage. I have a 2014 and now has 76k miles with no issues. Only issues is my blind spot retrofit IM adding. Mechanically its perfect! BMW's are well built cars. Also if you look for 3rd part warranties why worry? My dealer recommended me of alphawarranty, top package is about 3-4k but covers EVERYTHING for an additional 100k miles. If your that worries that should cover it.

Sorry for the lengthy write up but i know how u feel. I always used the im so far away could u lower it so i can arrange travel costs card to get them to lower the price lol. Im sure they can go down a bit more and would be good. So far the car sounds good. Keep us informed! and good luck!

Edit: I saw your holding back on buying now. These are now just words of wisdom lol. Also 30k for a 3 almost 4 year old car. Yeah they can go down on that price. Also check out the members classifieds > cars for sale

Last edited by jdr78569; 10-05-2017 at 07:30 AM..
Appreciate 0