View Single Post
      04-27-2012, 11:39 AM   #238
micknugget
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328 Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by n55x3 View Post
Yeah, I don't really know how to quantify or articulate it. I just remember when I first got behind the wheel of a 335 in 2008 and thinking to myself, wow this is really an amazing vehicle. Then about 1.5 years ago we were searching for a mid-sized SUV for my wife. After driving probably every single SUV in that category the only SUV we walked away from saying 'wow, that is a special SUV' was the new X3.

Keep in mind, my thoughts are about as subjective as can be. I do think the N20 is a great motor and I also thought the standard 328i suspension was decent too but for some reason it just didn't feel as awesome as I had hoped. Maybe I went into our time together with too high of expectations.
It could be too high of expectiations. I guess mine was the opposite experience. Owning an e46 years ago, I wasn't really impressed with the BMWs after it until this F30. I was also so impressed with the 8 speed auto that I will not have a manual trans in my everday driver for the first time in my 20+ years of driving.