View Single Post
      04-04-2019, 01:15 PM   #182
Jhnblckwood
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 2014 320i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon10 View Post
Big thanks to roxxor for posting this, and for the others who have added to the thread.

I'm a retrofit and VO coding newbie and, like others in the thread, I am having a problem getting the alarm to output to the siren, which has not worked even once.

The alarm does seem to work fine otherwise, the clown nose blinks and the alarm activates the horn (and flashes the lights) when opening a door or when the movement sensor is triggered by waving my hands inside the car. I do, however, get the fast blinking in the first 10 seconds after arming, which can mean an issue with the siren.

I hoped my problem was a wiring issue, but it does not appear to be. I checked my power and my ground, those were both good. I then went ahead and removed the wheel again and pulled the plug going to the siren. Using a voltmeter I was able to confirm there is 12V going there w/ + on pin 3 and - on pin 1 (those are the outside pins), and I was able to confirm continuity on the signal wire (pin 2, the middle pin) up to pin 11 in the roof console plug.

Anybody have any ideas? I am a coding newbie and although I followed the instructions as to the VO coding (I did not do any FDL coding for this retrofit), something might not be right with the coding. Or do you think I need a new siren?

The attached image is the error information from Rheingold/ISTA-D. "SINE" refers to the siren as best as I can tell. I'm not sure what "terminal 15" is, or what "adjustment of coding data" means, etc.

Thanks in advance.
Did u inject two cafds for the roof module n vo code all ecu's?
Appreciate 0