View Single Post
      07-13-2015, 02:43 PM   #9
bmags
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 428i Gran Coupe xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by exl_ent_v6 View Post
Posted a couple months back about my roommate swiping my front bumper while I was away on a Euro-vacation... $5K later she's all fixed and looks like new.

Then I noticed chipping in the back bumper. BMW covered it under warranty and refinished the rear bumper. Looks like new.

THEN last week I came out to my car from working all day and notice a small tree (10ft) on the ground next to my car. Get up closer and realized that it fell onto my car and either someone else took it off or it rolled off.

So the damage is it tore up my clear film on the bumper and hood, put scratches in all over but mostly on the film so might not be as bad there... But the worst is the dent in the hood, a small chunk out of the bumper & some scratches to my grill.

Meeting with my insurance adjuster on Tuesday to see what it'll take to fix. Only a $250 comp deductible and I know the film alone will cost about $800 to fix. Not sure if they can pop the dent in the hood out, but I am thinking they can. Then it's just the bumper. Don't know what they do for that nick...

Also I already filed a claim with the owners of the parking lot because that tree is clearly dead. It should have been removed before it damaged someones car... They told me to forward them the estimate and they would look into it. (gonna be a fun battle there...)

thoughts?

hey man first let me say I feel your pain very much, I've had some bad luck my cars getting damage due to no fault of my own.

I looked at the photo of that tree and its clearly a dead tree, if you see a tree with no leaves on it in the summer its definitely dead and not a good place to park a car. I'm sure you're like me and like to park one side close to the curb to prevent door dings but I find there are places I shouldn't park for various reasons. Foot traffic, obstructions that could prevent someone from seeing me when I go to pull out. Trees dead or alive. Building renovation.

I went on vacation, my car was parked near a sidewalk. I returned one week later found concrete splatter on my paint due to replacement of the sidewalk. Is it my fault, yes and no. Yes because I parked the car there, no because other people just don't give a crap about whats important to me, such as a car.

Again I'm really sorry about your luck, it happens, it can be repaired and life goes on. Wishing you better luck and many happy miles down the road!
Appreciate 0