12-08-2018, 06:50 AM   #22
Hooded
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wills2 View Post
For you maybe, probably not for the people breathing the emissions of remapped diesel in, I'd rather just press a button if it's not appropriate for the conditions, but with diesel especially one that's been messed with I think it's wrong full stop with stuff they chuck out.
You don't exactly drive the most eco friendly cars yourself.. if you are that concerned about the environment perhaps you should get off the soap box and buy a more eco friendly zero emissions car
My own car still has the DPF and EGR intact, is legal and passes the emissions test easily with no visible smoke.

The stop start system Is annoying and I don't think it's particularly great for the cars components long term, but as already said if you code it to default off you can still turn it on easily anytime you are stuck in gridlock traffic to stop those nasty emissions, it's not like the feature is being completely disabled so you can't use it, ..and don't forget whenever you put a car in sport mode it's turned off just the same.. are you against driving in sport mode too?
Appreciate 0