View Single Post
      09-25-2018, 04:48 AM   #57
Watsey
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330D sDrive M Sport

I had a long chat with the Service Manager at my dealer yesterday. Seems the process is :

Strip the EGR cooler and visually inspect. They are specifically looking for signs of coolant inside the cooler, and coking.

Depending on the inspection of the cooler, they may then remove the EGR and inspect that as well.

Depending on the condition of the cooler and the EGR they may also remove the inlet manifold and the throttle body for inspection.

If the only cooler needs to be replaced, its just fitting of as new part. If the EGR needs to be replaced they should be able to do isolated coding and not wipe other ECUs in the car.

They want the car for two days to make surer that there's sufficient time.

Personally I'm hoping for at least a new cooler and EGR. The car has done 80K miles and I'll be amazed if there's not substantial soot/sludge/coking in these components.

Mine is booked for 17th October, due to loan car availability, so I'll let you know how it goes.
Current : F31 330sD, remapped, Ohlins Road & Track, Millway camber plates, Quaife LSD, Stoptech brakes + Pagid RSL1 pads all round, Weichers front strut brace, Eibach front & rear anti-roll bars, Michelin MP4S.
Appreciate 4
JD64270.50
Hooded1669.00
Tengocity8566.00
LobB5109.00