EvenKeel
Captain
Rep
Drives: Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinan_Engineering
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenKeel View Post
I would really appreciate if someone from DINAN could please reply to my thread and corroborate my findings on Sware or provide any additional color for potential customers. I've seen DINAN post from time to time and it would be helpful if a rep could weigh in on a dedicated product discussion thread.

Such feedback would be particularly helpful as others seem to have received product related info from DINAN that conflicts with the information I have received (see post #7, above).
Your original post is pretty spot on. I will note that shockware comes in many flavors and they do vary a bit from model to model.

The couple things I will note is that there is only 2 damping modes on a non-M "small" cars (as you noted eco/comfort and sport/sport+) but there are 3 damping modes on the M cars and the V8's (eco/comfort, sport, and sport+). The verbiage on the site is more geared towards the V8 since that is what the shockware was initially designed on (550i). That would probably explain the discrepancy in post 7 and the difference in sport/sport+ that was referenced there.

The most common way of describing shockware and the easiest to convey simply is that we are eliminating the lowest dampening mode, shifting sport/sport+ down to what comfort was, and creating a new Dinan mode thats even stiffer. While illustrating the point pretty closely it may be more accurate to just say that all damping modes and their associated compression and rebounds are just increased by roughly 15% over the stock rates. Another way to say the same thing but perhaps that is more beneficial way of viewing it to some.
Thank you for weighing in; it is appreciated.
Appreciate 0