View Single Post
      09-08-2012, 12:40 PM   #4
vaderone
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Z4 3.0

BMW was really good with the buy back. The only amount I paid for was the miles I used which was less than 500 miles. They way it works is that BMW NA approves the buy back and then a separate insurance company actually makes the payment. Once BMW NA approves you get a check within two weeks. Very satisfied how it was all handled.

This was my 4th BMW and the last two had unusual problems. In my case of the 328i the transmission would race and drop into gear then burnout. This resulted in the transmission killing itself. After the transmission was replaced the transmission would rev after you lifted your foot off and lose power like it was shifted into neutral. So you could say your confidence gets a little shot. I personally think it has something to do the ASS and the engaging the gears, but that is just my guess. My 2010 Z4 would stall and eventually fixed with several software fixes. Enjoyed the Z4. Probably going to wait a little while and let the technology mature, and revisit my options. This car was for my teenage son whose confidence was a bit let down with the issues and a parents concern for safety. Didn't know what else to get that I would let my son drive. We just got a bad one, but BMW did us right. No hard feelings.
Appreciate 0