View Single Post
      03-27-2017, 12:20 PM   #53
mjporter
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2017 320d M Sport

Has anyone done this on a 2017 320d M Sport yet? BMW say I cant put it in, maybe my local dealer not knowing what I want

Just a week old and already missing my Top View cameras from my 2013 X5 3.0d M Sport - was stupid and did not ask for it to be installed during build

Just priced up for new/original parts at an online-parts website and have a few questions

1. Some of the original part numbers have been discontinued/replaced, I assume the replacement parts are fine as they are newer versions?
2. Surely i just get the replacement lower mirror housing and not the entire mirror - £500 cheaper per mirror
3. Is the front camera different to the "Speed detection" camera i have fitted which I assume is only for the "lane detect", "Cruise control active braking" and "speed sign detection"
4. Is the front and side camera really required, I am was/am happy with the top down view only - its all i ever used

Last Question - for now

I assume I could do this in steps, if so, what is the best way as all the "Original" parts come to just of £2k - Ouch . Think i will source on ebay some parts

I already have the PDC, HUD, Lane assist, Collision detect so possibly have a fair amount of the wiring in-place or maybe not knowing BMW
Appreciate 0