Thread: B58 Bucking
View Single Post
      02-17-2022, 07:43 AM   #46
Robs335iproblems
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F30 340xi M-Sport

Update. I think the O2 sensor isn't the issue. I've had it unplugged for the past few days and while I think it might be better, I can get it to do surge under the same general conditions. I know I'm running with no sensor at all, however, I figured if it ran fine open loop, then it might point to something. I did reset a bunch of adaptations (lambda, throttle, load, etc.) prior to unplugging the sensor to ensure I was dealing with a 'fresh' DME, but seems as if that didn't matter. I can't believe this problem. It's absolutely insane that a 60k car has this kind of issue. I do have a new O2 sensor on the way, so I'll replace and report back, however, I'm not hopeful. Since the car didn't do it when it was newer and over time it started happening and actually has gotten worse to where it is now, it has to be sensor related. Seems unlikely that it's a DME or programming issue (especially since I had the dealer reprogram the car a few weeks ago). I'll try and log mine so it's available for anyone to view. One way or another, I'm going to figure this out.
Appreciate 0