View Single Post
      05-26-2021, 11:08 PM   #7
SlumpLord3000
Private
Rep
Drives: 335i 2014 x Drive Luxury

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejeremyman9 View Post
Cons of colder plugs/smaller gap: Potential for rough idle/cold starts, more prone to fouling, especially if you frequently take short trips with many cold starts.

Pros: Potential to eliminate misfires / "spark blowout" at very high boost levels with smaller gap, but again, 99% of people don't need this.

Pros of stock plugs stock gap: You want the biggest gap possible (without issues) so you start here. That gives you the best combustion.

Cons: None, unless you start getting misfires.
From what I read at the forums, bigger gap is better for idle, smaller gap is better for boost. IE ProTuning Freaks(BM3) recommenced NGK 2 step colder plugs 0.21-.0.23 for tuned cars running boost. Log your car at WOT and see if you have any pulled timing or engine knock. I'm personally running NGK 2 step colder at .024 gap. See what your car likes.
2014 335i xdrive Luxury |VRSF 5" HD FMIC|AA catted DP|FTP Charge & Boost pipe|GFB DV+|BM3 STG 2|XHP STG 2|Afe Scoop|Match UP 7BMW amp|NGK 2 Step Colder(.024gap)|Dinan Ignition Coils|Weichers Steel Strut Bar|Michelin A/S 3+
Appreciate 0