10-25-2019, 09:05 AM   #242
apexit4
Major
Poland
Rep
Drives: 335D M-Sport, X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaze439 View Post
Same. It seems like that different stewards at different races just do whatever they feel like. I think F1 needs one team of stewards to keep things consistent and fair. That same system could be legal at another track in the eyes of a different set of stewards...
I think a lot of fans agree with your sentiment there that there should be one set of stewards that travels with the series to every race. I'm sure there are some downsides to this (cant think of any at the moment) but it would go a long way in helping keep consistency in their rulings.

I did a little more reading on the topic of the Renault penalty and it seems that while they did not break any technical regulations, they did breach a sporting regulation.

Quote:
But in this latest case, while Racing Point alleged Renault’s car broke the technical regulations, the stewards ruled they hadn’t, but had actually infringed the sporting regulations. Specifically, article 27.1, a blunt nine-word clause which states: “The driver must drive the car alone and unaided.”
So it seems that they did break a regulation. The question that remains, in my opinion, is whether the penalty levied against Renault is consistent with other penalties issues in the past for breach of sporting regulations.

EDIT: Here's my source for my argument, worth a read: https://www.racefans.net/2019/10/24/...qualification/
Appreciate 1
M5Rick58900.50